We encourage stakeholders to review the task force’s final report.
The Promotion Guidance for Academic Professional Track Faculty Task Force will generate a consensus guidance document for promotion of APT faculty using a similar format as the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Tenure and Promotion Guidance Document. The document will provide clarity and broad guidance regarding expectations for promotion of APT Faculty (to senior lecturer, instructional associate professor, associate professor of the practice, instructional professor or professor of the practice), inform faculty candidates in their career development, and provide guidance for peer evaluation of faculty achievements. Task Force 2 will also make recommendations regarding the merits and feasibility of including APT faculty on the AgriLife Promotion and Tenure Committee. The task force should engage faculty, department heads and College administration throughout the process.
Task Force Members
- Robert Strong Jr., Fellow, Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications
- Craig Coates, Ex officio & Provide Staff, Dean’s Office
- Dan Hale, Member, Extension Director’s Office
- Jessica Leatherwood, Member, Animal Science
- Deb Dunsford, Member, Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications
- Patti Smith, Member (Ag Caucus), Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Angela Durko, Member, Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences
- Vicky Salin, Member, Agricultural Economics