We encourage stakeholders to review the task force’s final report.
The International Research and Development in AgriLife Task Force is charged with reviewing current AgriLife international activities (a summary report was generated in 2020) and generating an options report that includes:
- Mechanisms to increase the international portfolio of the College, AgriLife Research and AgriLife Extension and incentivize unit and faculty participation.
- An assessment of future opportunities and faculty needs to engage in international research.
- A strategic approach and options for better administration and coordination of international activities.
Task Force Members
- Megha Parajulee, fellow, Research and Extension Center at Lubbock
- Elizabeth Parker, ex officio, Research Director’s Office
- Elsa Murano, member, Norman Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture, Texas A&M AgriLife
- Vikas Mishra, member (graduate student), Department of Agricultural Economics
- Heather Simmons, member, Institute for Infectious Animal Diseases
- Dan Leskovar, member, Research and Extension Centers at Dallas and Uvalde
- Juliana Rangel, member, Department of Entomology
- Tim Davis, member, Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture
- Russell Cross, member (council of principal investigators representative), Department of Animal Science
- Jeff Gwyn, member, Corporate Engagement and Research Support
- Ky Pohler, member, Department of Animal Science
- Muthukumar Bagavathiannan, member, Department of Soil and Crop Sciences
- Kirk Winemiller, member, Department of Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Jim Mazurkiewicz, member, Texas Agricultural Lifetime Leadership Program