Final Report and Feedback
We encourage stakeholders to review and comment on the task force’s final report.
The College Policies for Graduate Education Task Force will develop an options report with recommendations for the College that addresses college-level policies and administration of graduate education. The committee is encouraged to recommend new and/or improved college-wide policies that will improve all graduate programs, as well as best practices that may be specific to a subset of disciplinary programs (e.g., life sciences, social sciences). The committee is also encouraged to consider making recommendations related to financing of graduate programs, including the size of our doctoral and master’s programs, the overall value of supporting master’s programs that do not generate income and/or fill a workforce need, and innovative solutions to increase the financial sustainability of the graduate programs.
Task Force Members
- Seth Murray, Fellow, Soil and Crop Sciences
- Patricia Klein, Ex officio & Provide Staff, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Jean-Philippe Pellois, Member, Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Robert Strong Jr., Member, Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications
- Matt Taylor, Member (Ag Caucus), Animal Science
- Jamie Foster, Member, Research and Extension Center at Corpus Christi
- Lee Fitzgerald, Member, Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Girish Agarwal, Member (Distinguished Professor), Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Bruce Hanik, Member (Graduate Student), Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences