Members of the Texas A&M AgriLife Vice Chancellor’s Forum serve in an ambassador role dedicated to helping frame Texas A&M AgriLife’s strategic priorities around constituent interest. This forum will help Texas A&M AgriLife fulfill its mission to enrich Texas with comprehensive agricultural and life sciences knowledge and services to restore connections among people, agriculture, food, science and the economy.
The Vice Chancellor’s Forum will:
- Serve as champions for Texas A&M AgriLife around key priorities
- Serve as a sounding board to help frame Texas A&M AgriLife priorities relative to donor interest
Advance and support Texas A&M AgriLife goals and strategic plan. Board members will provide support to the Vice Chancellor in communicating the philosophy, goals and accomplishments of Texas A&M AgriLife to university partners, alumni and donors, corporate partners and industry stakeholders. Additionally, members will help identify the strengths and weaknesses of the college when needed and will suggest opportunities for improvement.
Advance fundraising and development initiatives. Board members will identify and assist in securing financial support to Texas A&M AgriLife. Other development activities include:
- participating in fundraising events
- engaging and involving College of Agriculture Development Council members
- making introductions to Texas A&M AgriLife development team members
- offering feedback on current development activities and prospects
- presenting the needs and achievements to Texas A&M AgriLife’s prospective donors and corporations.
Connect faculty and industry. Board members will serve as a forum for the exchange of points of view between business executives, industry leaders and academicians as they relate to advancing Texas A&M AgriLife’s research, teaching, extension and public engagement programs and activities. Board members will also keep Texas A&M AgriLife leadership abreast of timely trends, changes and developments impacting producers, consumers and industry.
Identify opportunities for students. Board members will provide advice and assistance in expanding the opportunities for career-related placements for our undergraduate and graduate student body including summer internships for undergraduate students and full-time employment at all degree levels.