I am honored to announce that five Texas A&M AgriLife faculty members and agency professionals have been named Regents Professors and Regents Fellows for 2019-2020 by The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents.
The Regents Professor and Regents Fellow Service Awards honor exemplary faculty members who have made lasting contributions to their fields, as well as to the people of Texas. These awards celebrate inspiring new heights of research and service, a level of excellence that sets Texas A&M System leaders apart.
Since 1996, only 268 Texas A&M System faculty members have been recognized with the Regents Professor Award. The Regents Fellow Service Award has been given to 157 agency professionals since 1998.
The new Regents Professors among AgriLife faculty are:
- Bhimanagouda “Bhimu” Patil, Ph.D., interim head for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Department of Food Science and Technology, and director of the Vegetable and Fruit Improvement Center at Texas A&M
- David Threadgill, Ph.D., distinguished professor and interim department head in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Department of Nutrition, and director of the Texas A&M Institute for Genome Sciences and Society
The new AgriLife recipients of the Regents Fellow Service Awards are:
- Diane Boellstorff, Ph.D., water resources specialist for Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, and director of the Texas Well Owner Network program
- Ruben Saldaña, Ed.D., district extension administrator, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, South District 12
- Wes Moorehead, assistant director, Texas A&M Forest Service
This designation celebrates an elite level of excellence in research and service that can only be achieved within the Texas A&M System and we applaud this outstanding recognition.
Read more about the award winners on AgriLife Today, and please join me in congratulating these individuals.
Patrick J. Stover, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor, Texas A&M AgriLife
Dean, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Director, Texas A&M AgriLife Research